- I only have email address of mobile phone for contact address. Is it OK?
- No, we only accept the email address of PC or webmail as we often run into a problem of reaching the candidates with the mobile email address such as Softbank, DoCoMo, Ezweb, Ymobile, or another phone company.
We’d like to ask you to create and provide us a webmail account such as Hotmail or Gmail so that you will not have problem getting an email from us.
- I need to apply for a visa to go to the audition venue outside of my country. Would Hyogo Performing Arts Center (HPAC) help me with required documents?
- If the successful applicants of preliminary audition need to apply for a visa to take live audition, HPAC is able to sign the form for the necessary material the applicants’ request us for the visa, however, it is at applicants’ responsibility to prepare and apply for a visa.
The certification can only be guaranteed for the visa to come to Japan but not for any other countries. If you are planning to take the Final (Live) Audition in Japan and if you are from the country where you are required for a short term visa, please send by email the necessary printed documents that HPAC should sign and other items such as a passport copy along with your audition application materials. For more detail, please check the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
Preliminary (YouTube video) Audition
- I couldn’t find sheet music for the repertoire required on the audition list. Would Hyogo Performing Arts Center send PDF file to me?
- Unfortunately, due to the copyrights, we are unable to provide the music to candidates. Most of the pieces can be found in the “Orchester Probespiel” published by Schott Music. If the music cannot be found in “Orchester Probespiel”, please try to find it by extracting the necessary parts from “Pocket Score” etc.
- I have a question regarding the specific measures for some pieces to play and record. For example, when it does not specify measures, but the movement, should I record the whole movement?
- Yes. When we do not specify the measures or rehearsal numbers, then it means that the candidates are expected to play the entire movement.
- When there is “Repeat sign” on the sheet music of excerpts, should I play and repeat as it is written or should I not repeat and skip?
- It’s fine to go on without repeating.
- When there is “Division (Div.)” on the orchestra excerpts, which part should I play?
- Please play upper part of division (Div.) on the music.
- There are some excerpts where long rests are in abundance. Should the rests be recorded?
- You don’t have to count the part that is in abundance.
- Where should I record the concerto by?
- Please record from the beginning up to the development and the cadenza. (No need to include the recapitulation.)
- Should the Concerto be recorded with piano accompaniment?
- For preliminary (YouTube video) audition, it is fine either way and it does not affect jury’s judge. For live audition, it should be performed without the accompaniment as we do not arrange the piano at the venue.
- Does Hyogo Performing Arts Center (HPAC) Orchestra keep the video recording I sent in the past? If so, could it be used for the Preliminary (YouTube video) Audition this year as well?
- We discard the past submitted video and recording to protect the personal information. All candidates are required to submit the latest video recording for our audition every year.
- When will I receive the result of Preliminary (YouTube video) Audition?
- All candidates will be notified the result of Preliminary (YouTube video) Audition no later than December 28, 2021 (FRI). If you do not receive the result from Hyogo Performing Arts Center (HPAC) by this time, please contact us at email@example.com.
Also, please make sure to register our email address in your address book to avoid our email being sorted in a junk mail.
Final (Live) Audition
- How do I prepare the music?
- The repertoire for the Final (Live) Audition is informed to the successful candidates of the Preliminary (YouTube video) Audition. For live audition, all candidates are required to use the same music designated by Hyogo Performing Arts Center (HPAC) Orchestra office.
- Are the repertoire or the passages designated in advance?
- Specific repertoire and passages to be played at the audition will be designated by the jury at site.
- When will I receive the result of Final (Live) Audition?
- All candidates will be notified the result of the Final (Live) Audition no later than March 8, 2022 (TUE). If you do not receive the result from Hyogo Performing Arts Center (HPAC) by this time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyogo Performing Arts Center Orchestra